Apple’s newest operating system, OS X Lion is due out this month and we’re waiting in anticipation of how it will be received by consumers. With the mixed reactions to iCloud and the almost unanimous discontent with Final Cut Pro X, one can’t help but be curious as to whether the OS will bring together the pride or make some feel like the prey. Additional topics include Fair Use & Copyright infringement, Blu-ray playback in OS X, does your 4g wireless measure up, and much more!
OWC Radio is a monthly, forum-based podcast focused on the events and happenings in the Mac community. This week’s hosts are: OWC Grant, OWC Chris S., and OWC Mike H.
Links from the show:
- Apple Details Lion Purchase Process for Business and Education
- Microsoft Takes to Cloud to Ward Off Competition
- Mobile me: transition to iCloud
- Apple’s New “Final Cut Pro X” Software Is Getting Trashed By App Store Reviewers
- Conan’s Editors Absolutely Love Apple’s New Final Cut Pro X
- Facing Widescale User Revolt, Apple Starts Issuing Final Cut Pro X Refunds
- Adobe lures unhappy Final Cut Pro X users with half-price video editing tools
- Blu-ray playback comes to OS X, but not from Apple
- Why is European broadband faster and cheaper? Blame the government
- Congresswoman wants carriers to come clean on 4G
- H-P Girds for iPad Battle
- Kind of Screwed
- US House takes up major overhaul of patent system