With the growing use of iPads in the classroom and Apple’s Education Event which concluded today, OWC’s focus on education applications is timely. Other World Computing will demonstrate at Macworld | iWorld 2012 Conference and Expo next week how schools can protect their iPad investments with its GripStand Station and GripStand cases. The GripStand Station is a Plug and Play storage, charging and syncing solution for technologically savvy classrooms as well as office, retail, healthcare, and other multiple iPad user environments.
Designed specifically for use with NuGuard GripStand 2 and GripStand protective iPad cases (sold separately), the GripStand Station allows iPad tablets to slide easily and securely into one of eight bays to store, charge and sync. The new, made-in-the-USA GripStand Station and other unique Newer Technology products will be demonstrated in Other World Computing’s (OWC’s) Macworld booth #513, in San Francisco’s Moscone Center.
GripStand Station Features
The features that make the GripStand Station and the GripStand protective cases so ideal for classrooms include:
- Allows up to eight GripStand-equipped iPads to be stored and charged simultaneously
- Apple Certified Dock Connectors are effortlessly engaged as each iPad is inserted
- Enables users to wirelessly sync via iOS 5
- Space-saving, stackable design allows multiple iPads to be stored and charged in the same footprint
- Dependable yet environmentally responsible housing is made from 100 percent recycled rugged plastic for durability and stability
- Integrated wire management protects USB charging cables from damage, accidental removal, and/or tangling
- Non-skid feet provide stability, and pre-drilled anchor points make it easy to affix to a table or desk
- Optional stainless steel security bar and boron-carbide, four-dial combination/keyed padlock protects the iPads from unauthorized use and theft
- Designed and made in the USA from 100 percent recycled plastic
Morgan O’Connor, Social Studies Teacher at Lakes Community High School described her experience with GripStand products. “We spent precious funds to purchase 15 Apple iPad 2’s that are shared by 240 students each day, so protecting the iPads during student use is a top priority. The GripStand products have definitely prevented accidental damage to the iPads, and I no longer have to worry about iPads sliding off the table. The cases are durable, easy to label and they securely hold and protect the iPad from occasional ‘rough use.’”
O’Connor noted that one of her favorite features is the GripStand’s skid-resistant desktop stand. “It can be swiveled 360° and positioned at virtually any angle,” she explained. “That makes it easy for students to collaborate and create.”
The New York Times recently reported that the New York City public schools have ordered more than 2,000 iPads. More than 200 Chicago public schools have applied for iPad grants; and The Virginia Department of Education is overseeing an iPad initiative that has replaced History and Advanced Placement biology textbooks at 11 schools. Morristown-Beard School, a private school in New Jersey, bought 60 iPads and is considering providing iPads to all students next fall. In addition, six middle schools in four California cities are teaching the first iPad-only algebra course.
The iPad’s emerging role in education is just the start. We’re pretty confident similar iPad use growth will occur in retail, warehousing, office, medical, even legal industries. So whether you are in those industries, or in one we haven’t even considered, make sure you protect your iPads with innovative, field-tested and approved products from Newer Technology Inc.