Newer Technology, Inc. announced today it has lowered the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price by 25% for its Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet. Now priced at $29.95 MSRP with street pricing as low as $22.99, the Power2U is the only home-safe, UL Listed in-wall charging solution available to enhance living and working spaces by eliminating the clutter created by multiple cables and unsightly bulky power adapters.
Complements Any Decor
Ideal for homes with users of multiple USB chargeable devices, the Power2U blends seamlessly into any residential wall as a standard power outlet. By incorporating two traditional three-prong AC wall sockets in addition to two USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 ports, the Power2U is a basic ‘DIY’ install on any 15Amp circuit with a 16-cubic-inch electrical box. A “straightforward” rated “how to” video showing how the Power2U can be installed in as little as 20 minutes is available.
Money Saving, Energy Efficient
The new outlet provides a clean looking, modern, and centralized location for charging/powering USB devices. In addition to being convenient to use, the Power2U provides two energy efficiency features. The intelligent Smart Power design only outputs enough charging power to meet the requirements of the device that is attached. The specially designed spring-loaded Safety Shutters completely turn off power to the USB ports when a connecting cable is removed.
Patented Design & UL Certification Ensures Safe Home Use
Because the Power2U incorporates a patented integrated AC to DC power transformer design and is the only UL Listed in-wall solution of its kind, homeowners can install it with full confidence and no safety compromise.
- Patented design charges iPads, iPhones, iPods, Android tablets and phones, MP3 players, GPS, digital cameras, and other USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 chargeable devices without requiring a bulky adapter
- Smart Power feature only outputs enough charging power required by the attached device
- Energy efficient, spring-loaded Safety Shutter design turns power off to USB ports when connecting cable is removed
- Uses standard four-pin type A jack USB cables
- Installs on standard 15Amp electrical circuit with 16 cubic inch electrical box
- The only UL/CUL Listed E339607 solution for in-wall, home-safe use in United States & Canada
- Includes mounting screws white plastic covers, matching white wallplate, and illustrated step-by-step installation manual
“With nearly 10,000 units sold in 45 days, the features and benefits of the Power2U have clearly resonated with mobile device users,” said Larry O’Connor, President, Newer Technology Inc. “As a result of its instantaneous popularity and increasing demand, we are driving traffic to existing retail partners as well as rapidly expanding the retail availability of the Power2U.”