Newer Technology Announces New miniStack Storage Solution Design As The Perfect Complement To Apple Mac mini
Newer Technology, Inc. announced today its new miniStack external storage solution specifically designed to match the appearance and size of 2010 and later Mac mini computers. With the same 1.4″ H x 7.7″ W x 7.7″ D dimensions and aluminum finish, the two devices can be stacked together to conserve precious desktop workspace while the miniStack is used for storing or backing up large music, photo, and video libraries.
Stackable Design with Big Performance
While designed to complement the Mac mini, the miniStack is also an ideal space-saving, high-performance external drive that can be used with any Mac or PC. Users have found they can create a ‘power tower’ of storage capacity by stacking two or more miniStacks while still preserving desktop workspace. miniStack offers up to 4.0TB of storage with data rates up to 500MB/s thanks to a ‘Quad Interface’ of FireWire 800/400, USB 3.0, and eSATA ports.
Complements Macs, PCs, Networks, Entertainment Systems
With its multi-interface flexibility and stackable design, miniStack is the ideal portable external hard drive storage solution to move among multiple Macintosh computers and laptops and virtually any Windows or Linux-based computer with a USB or FireWire port. miniStack can also be added to an Airport Extreme wireless network via USB to wirelessly share files, perform Time Machine backups, and share other devices like printers. Plus, miniStack is A/V rated for high-performance home entertainment systems and sharing content with Apple TV.
“Since its introduction seven years ago, the miniStack became one of the best selling external drives among Mac mini users,” said Grant Dahlke, Brand Manager, Newer Technology, Inc. “Now, with a USB 3.0 interface, matching footprint, and adding over 5x additional storage capacity to the mini’s largest factory internal drive option, the newly redesigned miniStack is destined to again become the drive of choice for Mac mini users.”
Maximum Features in a Mini Footprint
- Ideal for storing or backing up large music, photo, and video libraries: up to 4 million JPEG photos, 1.4 million MP3 songs, or 2000 hours of video footage with data transfer rates up to 500MB/s
- 7200RPM hard drive with up to 4.0TB storage capacity and up to 64MB of data cache
- FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 3.0, and/or eSATA bootable
- Durable aluminum body is designed to match the finish of the Mac line
- MagLev fan (same as used in the Mac mini) offers frictionless, whisper-quiet operation
- Integrated Kensington Security Slot for theft prevention
- Identical footprint to 2010 and later Mac mini (1.4″ x 7.7″ x 7.7″)
- USB 3.0 and FireWire 800 connection cables included
- Preconfigured solutions include $100 retail value disk utility software bundle
- Up to three-year solution warranty