Other World Computing announced today its new OWC Turnkey Repair Program for Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad 2 tablet computers. The program enables iPad 2 owners to have OWC’s Apple Certified Technicians provide expert diagnostic analysis of their iPad’s operating condition and perform services required to return the tablet to proper operating condition. OWC’s services include corner damage repair, and replacement of the glass/digitizer, LCD, headphone jack, front/rear camera, battery, and/or function controls. The new professional installation service program offers multiple repair options to US-based iPad 2 owners starting at $49.00 with a 48 business hours or less service turnaround.
Hassle-Free, Three-Step Repair Process
1. Select OWC’s Diagnostic Service and one of three roundtrip delivery services which include a custom designed protective shipping box for safe, ground delivery of the iPad 2 to OWC:
• Fast $49.00 (Shipping box sent ground delivery, 48-hour service and ground return shipping)
• Faster $59.00 (Shipping box sent ground delivery, 48-hour service, and overnight return shipping)
• Fastest $79.00 (Shipping box sent overnight delivery, 48-hour service, and overnight return shipping)
2. Within 24 business hours of receiving an iPad 2, one of OWC’s Apple Certified Technicians begins the diagnostic analysis. Upon completion, the Technician calls the iPad 2 owner to discuss the analysis results and confirm with the owner what repairs/parts replacements are desired. For common repairs, such as the glass/digitizer, the customer has the option to pre-authorize expected repair costs to save time and expedite the process.
3. All services are performed within 48 business hours or less and the restored iPad 2 is returned to the owner via the selected shipping method. Any parts replaced from the iPad 2 are properly recycled by OWC.
If an iPad is not repairable, has suffered liquid damage, or the owner elects not to repair the unit following the operating condition analysis, OWC will return the iPad to the owner or recycle it if so authorized.
Save Money Compared to Buying New
With iPad 2’s at last availability starting at $399, repairing an existing iPad 2 via the OWC Turnkey Program can offer significant savings. The most common damaged component, the glass/digitizer, costs $150.00 to replace. If the Standard shipping method is selected, this repair’s total cost is $199.00…a $200 savings over buying a new iPad 2. That same repair on the Wi-Fi + 3G iPad 2 model offers an even greater savings of $330.
OWC Trust Advantage: Comprehensive Convenience and Confidence
Entering into its 25th year of serving the Apple community worldwide and having successfully restored thousands of iPads, OWC drew upon its experience to create a comprehensive and hassle-free iPad 2 program with an expedient turnaround. The program offers customers the OWC Trust Advantage of receiving the proper care, attention, and honest assessment of the service their damaged iPad requires instead of taking a chance with a ‘bait and up-charge’ repair service.
“One of our founding motivations was to help people get the most performance and lifetime of use from their technology investment,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. “By making it fast, easy, and cost-effective to restore these Apple iPads, we save people money and maximize resources by keeping truly useful tablets in use, where they belong, as opposed to a premature ‘retirement’ with partial or entire devices discarded and occupying landfill space instead.”