Well, the Holiday gift-giving rush is finally over, and we’re betting that somewhere between the toad skin coin purse and your menagerie of Chia Pets, there was a nifty tech gadget or two under your tree. Or, maybe you bought yourself a little treat as a reward for making it through the holidays and keeping most of your sanity intact.
Whatever the case, it’s a pretty good guess you gave or received some nifty new gear within the last few weeks. I sure know we did…
- OWC Jamie and OWC Michael both added new 27” iMacs to their households. Jamie’s included a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M document scanner and the transfer of an OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD in the mix, while Michael’s iMac may have a trip through OWC’s Turnkey Service in its future.
- OWC Grant got his kids a 13” MacBook to replace the old 333MHz iMac G3 they’d been using.
- OWC Grant, OWC Michael and I each picked up a generic FM transmitter/dock for our iPods that was being sold locally for about $8 – a great deal that we couldn’t pass up during the frenzy known as Black Friday. However, in the future, some of us are looking at something a little more along the lines of the Macally FM Cup, which places the iPod in a little better position in our respective vehicles.
- While not my own personal acquisition, I also found myself hooking up a friend’s parent’s new AppleTV to their home theater system – one of the over 1,000,000 units sold so far. Though I prefer my WDTV HD to Apple’s offering, it’s still a slick little unit.
- OWC Robert, of course, bought his MacBook Pro, “Lola”, a whole bunch of accessories and toys.
What about you guys? What kind of cool gadgets did you acquire or give over the holiday season? Let us know in the comments below.