Including the built-in Retina display, the new 2012 MacBook Pro 15″ can run four displays at their native resolution.
- Retina on laptop @ “best for Retina”
- iMac used as a display @ 2560 x 1440 via Thunderbolt
- iMac used as a display @ 2560 x 1440 via Thunderbolt/DisplayPort
- LG monitor @ 1920 x 1200 via HDMI
Moving images and media didn’t create any lag and we were able to play video on all four displays simultaneously.
Related MacBook Pro 15″ with Retina display articles:
Macworld Expo 2010 is right around the corner. Although Apple isn’t going to be there, your pals from OWC and Newer Technology certainly are. We’ve been preparing for months, and we’re excited to be showing off all the nifty new OWC and NewerTech products we’ve released over the last few months.
- The OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro mini is a compact, portable version of OWC’s award winning desktop-sized solution line that is bus-powered, fanless and sports a “Quad” Interface.
- The NewerTech NuPower High Capacity batteries for MacBook and MacBook Pro offer up to 10% higher capacity than the factory original.
- The NewerTech Video Display Adapter allows you add up to four displays to your Mac via USB.
- The NewerTech mini-DisplayPort Adapter series allows you to attach a DVI, HDMI or even VGA display to your mini-DisplayPort equipped Mac while offering better cabling and shielding than the standard adapter does.
- With NewerTech’s Window Mount for the iPhone 3G/3GS, featuring an exact fit cradle and super vacuum adhesion, your iPhone 3G/3GS will remain securely in place in your car, boat or even on an airplane tray table!
- The pocket-sized NuPower Charge & Sync+ lets you recharge your digital devices (including cell phones and digital cameras!) via a standard AC outlet or the built-in battery.
- The NewerTech MAXPower SATA 6G PCIe Controller Card for you Mac Pro (and PC’s, too) – High Performance. No drivers.
- The OWC Mercury Extreme SSD – we’re darn proud of our new internal 2.5” Solid State Drive. Sustained data transfer rates for both read and write speeds of over 260MB/s make our new SSDs among the fastest, if not the very fastest SATA I/II SSD on the market today. That’s why we’ve submitted it for Best of Show consideration.
But that’s not all…
We’ve also got a wonderful display where we show you how to integrate a Mac into your home theater system, info about our LEED Platinum Level “Green” facilities, the OWC Podcast booth, and—since His Steveness won’t be there to give one himself— “one more thing” in the form of a new OWC product. And, of course, we have show specials for the entire run of the show.
See you there!