Other World Computing announced today two new enclosure solutions for utilizing the factory Flash SSD from any 2010 or 2011 Apple MacBook Air model as an external drive. Both the OWC Mercury On-The-Go and OWC Mercury Elite Pro mini enclosure solutions provide MacBook Air owners continued external use of the factory drive plus a convenient method of data migration when upgrading to the higher capacity and higher performance of an OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express SSD. Article Continues…
Tag-Archive for » enclosure «
OWC Announces Two Enclosure Solutions For Continued Use Of Apple MacBook Air Solid State Drive As An External Drive
OWC Introduces New Mercury Rack Pro Mini-SAS RAID-Ready Rackmount Storage Solutions Offering Up To 12TB Capacity And 24Gb/s Total Throughput
Other World Computing today announced new OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS 4-Bay 1U rackmount solutions starting at $499.99 MSRP that combine four 6Gb/s storage devices (or data channels) with up to 12TB of capacity into the convenience of one port and one cable connection for the ultimate in data throughput rates up to 24Gb/s (2400MB/s).
Eight Mac and PC Compatible Solutions Up To 12.0TB
The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is immediately available in 8 pre-configured solutions, from 2.0TB to 12.0TB, priced starting at $499.99 MSRP. The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is compatible with Apple OS X 10.2 and higher and Windows Windows XP and later operating systems and comes complete with a $100 retail value disk utility software bundle and up to a 5 year solution warranty. Article Continues…
OWC SuperSlim Turns Any 9.5mm SATA Slot Loading Internal Optical Drive Into An External Enclosure For Plug And Play CD, DVD, and/or Blu-ray Disc Burning/Playing
Other World Computing today announced the OWC SuperSlim, a USB 2.0 bus powered optical drive enclosure for turning any 9.5mm SATA slot loading internal optical drive, even those with mounting tabs, into an external Plug and Play CD, DVD, and/or Blu-ray disc burning /playing solution for Macs and PCs.
The OWC SuperSlim, is ultra thin, weighs only 4.2 ounces, and is bus powered (no AC adapter is needed), for easy transport in any gear bag.
Ideal Solution For Macs That Have An OWC Data Doubler Installed Article Continues…
The OWC video team has been in high gear these last few weeks, kicking out several videos showing you how to upgrade your Macs and showing what those upgrades can do!
- How to install a pair of drives into an OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Dual mini enclosure.
- How to install a SATA drive into an OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro enclosure.
- How to add a second hard drive to a Late 2009 MacBook using an OWC Data Doubler
- How to add a second hard drive to a Late 2008 15” MacBook Pro using an OWC Data Doubler
- How to replace the hard drive in a mid-2010 13” MacBook Pro
- How much an OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD – Legacy Edition can improve your G4 Power Mac’s performance.
We’ve got more exciting videos in the works, too, so stay tuned!
Other World Computing announced today the OWC Do-It-Yourself (DIY) SSD Storage Upgrade Kit priced starting at $109.99 MSRP. Available in fourteen configurations with capacities up to 480GB, the OWC DIY SSD Kits let you upgrade your Mac or Windows laptop to the industry’s fastest solid state drives (SSDs) available on the market today.
The OWC DIY SSD Kits Feature:
- Industry’s fastest SSD — OWC Mercury Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (up to 480GB) provides performance up to 47X faster than factory hard drive.
- OWC brand USB 3.0, FireWire and/or USB 2.0 bus powered 2.5” portable external enclosure to re-use the replaced internal hard disk drive.
- All supported interface cables for transferring data from the old internal drive to the new SSD, plus helpful data transfer instructions
- Five piece installation tool kit with everything needed to complete the installation.
- Free how-to online videos.