Imagine if the continents never separated, yet all the various cultures that developed throughout the world still retained their identities, all the while intermingling with each other. What would their music sound like? African percussion mixed with Japanese flutes and Spanish guitar? European techno beats over Brazilian vocals?
It’s kind of a strange concept to try and wrap your mind around, but that’s the whole concept behind Pangaea Projekt. They take instruments from cultures across the globe and fuse them together with vocals and modern synthesizer technology to form their own unique-sounding compositions, with a unique “electronic/world music” sound.
So what’s that got to do with OWC?
Well, while we won’t take any claim to the music itself, OWC memory and drives were instrumental in its production. Their latest album “Gaia’s Dream” was recorded and mixed on a MacBook Pro full of OWC RAM and it was recorded to several OWC hard drives, and when they played live at the Reebok World Conference in Phoenix, they used the same rig for flawless playback.
It just goes to show you, no matter what kind of music, video, or art you produce, OWC delivers professional-grade hardware for the discerning user.
Whoa! It’s been quite a while since we’ve seen a price drop on the NewerTech miniStack V3. It’s a pity, too, because this highly-rated little drive is probably one of the best storage buys out there, especially if you’re in a situation where you need maximum storage with a minimal footprint.
The miniStack’s design allows it to stack seamlessly with any of the pre-2010 Mac minis, as well as the AirPort Base Station, letting you increase the amount of storage available without increasing the space required.
Of course, it’s stackability isn’t the only great feature of the miniStack:
- “Quad” Interface – Whether you wan to connect via eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0, the miniStack v3 can oblige, offering connection speeds of up to 150MB/s via eSATA.
- Fully Bootable – Whether you clone your system over to it as a backup like I do or you use it as your main drive like my dad does, the miniStack v3 is fully bootable, so you can work off of it just like you would work off of the internal, without missing a beat.
- High-Performance Oxford924 based bridge – This is the highly-regarded, A/V certified bridge chipset found in the highest quality storage devices. Speed, stability, and compatibility are all hallmarks of this chipset.
- Versatile for all your storage needs – The miniStack v3 is great for general data storage, backups (it’s Time Machine Ready), video capture, Music storage, Photo work, and more.
- Built in powered FireWire and USB hubs – This is a big one. You never seem to have enough FireWire or USB ports, and they’re almost always inconveniently located around the back of your machine. The miniStack v3’s built in powered hubs not only provide you with extra FireWire and USB ports, but if you happen to have a newer Mac that lacks a FireWire 400 port, the miniStack v3’s hub includes a FW400 port, allowing you to connect your FireWire 400 peripherals without the need for an adapter cable.
- All the cables are included – Nothing honks me off more than getting a new peripheral, only to have to go back out to the store and pick up the appropriate cable for it. The miniStack v3 comes with all the cables that you may need – USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800, and even eSATA! Its ready to go right out of the box.
- Software included – Even though the miniStack v3 doesn’t require any special software to use, you also get copies of Intech Hard Disk Speed Tools (Mac), ProSoft Data Backup (Mac), NovaBackup (Windows), and Carbon Copy Cloner (Mac) to help enhance your drive’s functionality.
- 3 Year NewerTech Warranty – As reliable as the miniStack v3 is, sometimes the unthinkable happens. Fortunately, NewerTech stands behind their products, with an industry-leading 3-year warranty for their storage solutions.
That’s a whole lot of features packed into such a small package!
I mentioned before that we’ve had some nice price drops on the miniStack v3. Here’s a list of the current soutions available and their new prices: Article Continues…
No, it’s not a super-secret way to copy or store copyrighted games, nor is it some crazy way of controlling your games using the hard drive, despite what the image to the right would suggest.
Instead, ace support tech and avid gamer OWC Duane has put together a fabulous walkthrough for setting up your OWC or Newertech USB 2.0 External or Portable Storage Solution as a media drive for your XBox or Playstation 3, allowing you to play back movies and music without having to network it to your home computer.
Accessing your media this way not only offers convenience, portability and speed, but it also offers significant energy settings; a single hard drive uses considerably less energy than a whole computer.
If this sort of thing sounds like it’s right up your alley, check out the full article on our main site.