OWC Introduces New Mercury Rack Pro Mini-SAS RAID-Ready Rackmount Storage Solutions Offering Up To 12TB Capacity And 24Gb/s Total Throughput
Other World Computing today announced new OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS 4-Bay 1U rackmount solutions starting at $499.99 MSRP that combine four 6Gb/s storage devices (or data channels) with up to 12TB of capacity into the convenience of one port and one cable connection for the ultimate in data throughput rates up to 24Gb/s (2400MB/s).
Eight Mac and PC Compatible Solutions Up To 12.0TB
The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is immediately available in 8 pre-configured solutions, from 2.0TB to 12.0TB, priced starting at $499.99 MSRP. The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS is compatible with Apple OS X 10.2 and higher and Windows Windows XP and later operating systems and comes complete with a $100 retail value disk utility software bundle and up to a 5 year solution warranty.
One Port, One Cable, Four Channels of Data
The mini-SAS port equipped Mercury Rack Pro is like having four eSATA outputs for the ultimate in data transfer rates, but “bundles” those four channels of data output into the convenience of a single cable connection. Now SMBs, SOHOs, and creative production professionals have a simple, high performance, yet cost-effective mass storage solution that reduces cable complexity.
Can Be Used Like A Four Bay Drive Dock
For massive capacity with the highest degree of drive access flexibility, the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS can be immediately used like a four bay drive dock. All four drives in the Mercury Rack Pro show up as individual drives, so users can then mix and match drives of any size and brand and hot swap the drives. The Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS can also be used to RAID drives in a desired array with the additional purchase of third party RAID software or a SAS-SATA RAID controller card.
Easy Drive Management & Convertible For Desktop Use
Featuring a trayless drive bay design, the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS makes drive management, access, and replacement ‘slide and swap’ easy. Removable rack mounting ears and included anti-skid feet also allow the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS to be quickly and easily converted for desktop use.
Enterprise Equipped For 24/7 Use
While all OWC Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS standard solutions are covered by a two year warranty, Enterprise models use Enterprise class SATA hard drives manufactured to tighter specifications intended for the more demanding requirements of 24/7 server environments. As a result, Enterprise editions of the Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS are covered by a five year warranty which includes a one year overnight cross-ship warranty and three years of Level One Data Recovery services, if needed.
Mercury Rack Pro mini-SAS key features:
- Supports up to four 3.0TB, 3.5″ SATA hard drives for up to 12.0TB total storage capacity
- Four SAS-SATA 3.5″ drives up to 15,000 RPM can also be utilized
- One external mini-SAS port supporting up to 24Gb/s data rates
- Up to 256MB total data buffer
- Trayless drive bays for easy drive management
- JBOD (four independent drives)
- RAID-ready via third party RAID software or a SAS-SATA RAID controller card
- Whisper Quiet three cooling fan operation
- Drive status and activity LED indicators
- Internal, US/International 100/240V power supply
- Warranty: 2 year Standard Solution, 5 year Enterprise Solution
- Mac and PC compatible
- Includes an over $100 retail value utility software bundle consisting of Prosoft Engineering Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP, Intech SpeedTools Utilities, and Carbon Copy Cloner.