After getting a good night’s sleep to truly absorb the 4S, my take is that it’s a brand new model that doesn’t just offer incremental updates.
It does everything the iPhone 4 did plus a variety of things better:
- A dual core A5 processor versus the iPhone 4 A4 single core processor. The end result being twice the speed and up to 7x the graphics performance.
- Supports speeds up to 14.4Mb/s while the iPhone 4 supports speeds up to 7.2Mb/s. That’s good news for AT&T Mobility HSPA+ network users.
- Intelligently switches between antennas for improved call quality…and no more “antennagate” issues
- Offers far superior camera performance with 8 megapixel resolution versus the previous model’s 5MP spec. The optics in general were improved as well to offer up to 30% sharper images.
- 1080p verus 720p video resolution and lastly…
- it runs on both GSM & CDMA networks….thus making it a true take anywhere “World Phone”
For a side by side “tale of the tape”, our friends at Engadget offer a nice chart. As I hope you’ll agree with me then, even if you too have to “sleep with it’, with the improved performance, the iPhone 4S deserves to be recognized for its own merits as a very good new model.
For one last feel good, for those of you planning on buying the 4S, the physical dimensions and control features are exactly the same. So your existing iPhone 4 case will work. But if you need one or want to upgrade, we offer a wide variety of cases and other cool accessories from which to choose.