Newer Technology, Inc. announced today its Voyager S3 drive docking solution now offers upgraded performance for up to 36% faster data transfer rates—achieving nearly 300MB/s real-world sustained data rates—over its USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface.
Boot and Swap Drives at Will
Voyager S3 turns any 2.5″ or 3.5″ SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s, or 1.5Gb/s hard drive or Solid State Drive up to 4.0TB into a fully bootable and hot-swappable external drive solution. Because there isn’t anything to install or configure, this Plug & Play drive dock saves Mac and PC users the time and inconvenience of installing a drive into a computer or external hard drive enclosure.
New Life for Old Drives
With Voyager S3, swapped-out bare drives are given new life by providing the same ease of use and convenience as flash memory cards, but with much higher storage capacity. Additionally, Voyager’s weighted base and drive eject lever makes inserting, using, and removing drives a safe, effortless procedure.
Newer Technology Voyager S3 Features:
- Plug and Play with Macs and PCs
- Supports all 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA drives up to 4.0TB
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface, fully backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Hot-Swap functionality for fast access of multiple drives
- Push button drive eject for safe removal
- 2-Color Status LED: blue for power on, flashing red for disk activity
- Whisper Quiet operation – no cooling fan needed
- Weighted base and non-skid rubber feet for stable operation
- Compact design: measures 3.70″ x 5.28″ x 2.68″ (W x D x H), weighs 1.35 lbs. (without drive)