Another week has gone by, and here we are with another drop in prices on an OWC Storage Solution.
This time around, we’re dropping the prices on the Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID “Quad Interface”. I could go on and on about this model RAID, but the specifications are almost identical to the “Triple Interface” version we featured last week, with the exception of this singular difference:
The Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID “Quad Interface” features four ways you can connect it to your computer, hence the name. Whether you want to connect via eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0, the Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID “Quad Interface” can oblige, offering connection speeds of up to 300MB/s via eSATA.
Other than this difference, all the features – the Oxford-based bridge, full bootability, all the cables & backup software, the industry-leading 3-year warranty, etc. – you can find on the “Triple Interface” model, you can find on the “Quad Interface” model.
So, without any further ado, let’s get to the prices.
- 640GB 7200RPM with 32MB of Data Buffer – $199.99
- 1.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB of Data Buffer – $219.99
- 1.5TB 7200RPM with 64MB of Data Buffer – $279.99
- 2.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB of Data Buffer – $294.99
- 2.0TB 7200RPM with 64MB of Data Buffer – NOW $307.99
- 2.0TB “Enterprise Class” 7200RPM w/64MB Buffer – NOW $387.99
- 3.0TB 7200RPM with 64MB of Data Buffer – NOW $407.99
- 4.0TB GreenPower2 64MB of Data Buffer – NOW $619.99 (that’s a $100 price drop!)
- OWC Elite-AL Pro RAID SATA HD x 2 enclosure kits are also available without drives as ‘Add Your Own Hard Drives Kits’ starting from $104.99, and have user configurable options for different RAID and non-RAID modes.
You may be wondering how we can keep offering these price drops on our enclosures. Well… that I can’t tell you. But what I can guarantee you is that we’re not skimping on the quality that we’ve put in all our Storage Solutions.
As I mentioned in April, OWC puts a lot of attention into our Storage Solutions, right down to the little details. That means you still get all the cables you need for the solution, that you still get great backup software bundled in, and there are never any “mystery meat,” generic drive mechanisms in our enclosures.