Other World Computing today officially introduced Intel Xeon processor and OWC memory turnkey upgrades for the latest Apple Mac Pro 2013. Options include 8-Core, 10-Core, and 12-Core models. The processors are fully compliant with Apple technical specifications and power requirements and are fully tested, qualified, and guaranteed to meet or exceed the processors available from Apple.
Full Service Turnkey Upgrades
The OWC Turnkey Upgrade Program includes professional installation and testing by OWC’s Apple Certified technicians, shipping both ways, and options to upgrade memory, add Thunderbolt technology external storage solutions to your order and extend the included OWC one-year limited warranty to three years.
Configuration Page Displays Options and Computes Pricing
An easy to use configuration page makes the selection process fast and provides accurate pricing for desired options: eshop.macsales.com/shop/turnkey/MacPro2013/2013_Xeon_Processor/Apple_Mac_Pro_2013
The process begins by selecting the original processor and continues with the four new processor options. Next, choose to add up to 128GB of OWC MaxRAM® certified memory, to extend the included one-year limited warranty to three years, and to add Thunderbolt technology external storage devices to the order. Return shipping is included with expedited shipping options available.
OWC Turnkey Server Class Processor Upgrade options for Mac Pro 2013 models:
- Intel Xeon E5-2650 v2 8-Core 2.6GHz* with 20MB Cache, 25% faster**, $1498
- Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 8-Core 3.3GHz with 25MB Cache, 41% faster**, $2448
- Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 10-Core 3.0GHz* with 25MB Cache, 45% faster**, $2396
- Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 12-Core 2.7GHz with 30MB Cache, 46% faster**, $2978
* Not available from Apple.
** Compared vs. base factory offered processor. PassMark Software CPU Benchmarks: www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html Note: Pricing includes trade-in of original factory processor.
Mac Pro 2013 Quad-Core Processor Upgrades vs Factory
OWC not only offers processor upgrades that will meet or beat factory specs but that can save up to 31% vs factory prices.
- Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 8-Core 3.3GHz* with 25MB Cache, $2448: Server Class processor with 10% higher CPU Clock performance vs. Factory E5-1680 8-Core 3.0GHz Option.
- Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 10-Core 3.0GHz* with 25MB Cache, $2396: Savings of up to 31% (save up to $1104) vs. $3500 for factory 12-core 2.7GHz model.
- Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 12-Core 2.7GHz with 30MB Cache, $2978: Savings of up to 15% (save up to $522) vs. same factory processor option $3500.
* Not available from Apple.
Savings up to 48% Versus Same Sized Factory RAM Upgrades
OWC, offers 32GB, 64GB and 96GB, and 128GB options for the Mac Pro 2013 as part of the Turnkey Upgrade program, with savings of up to 48% compared to same sized factory upgrades:
- OWC 32GB Kit (8GB x 4) $449.00: Savings of up to 44% (save up to $351) vs. $800*
- OWC 64GB Kit (16GB x 4) $829.00: Savings of up to 48% (save up to $771) vs. $1,600*
- OWC 96GB Kit (32GB x 3) $1699.99 (Not available from Apple)
- OWC 128GB Kit (32GB x 4) $2129.99 (Not available from Apple)
* Savings comparison based on Apple Store memory upgrade pricing as of April 1, 2014.
Memory upgrade kits for Apple Mac Pro are also available separately for user ‘DIY’ installation. OWC guide makes selection easy: eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Mac-Pro-Memory
OWC Turnkey Upgrade Offers Service, Options, Savings
“OWC makes upgrading easy with our full service turnkey upgrades for the Mac Pro 2013,” said Larry O’Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. “Not only can we upgrade your new Mac Pro with the best processors and memory, but we will give you credit for your original Apple processors and memory to save you even more. Get the best service and performance while saving up to 31% on processors and up to 48% on memory. Just send us your Mac Pro and we will return it with all the extra performance you need.”
More Savings Available with OWC Rebate Program
After upgrading with an OWC Apple Mac Pro 2013 Memory Option, customers can save even more with OWC’s Trade-in Rebate for the original factory memory. Receive up to $500 for Apple factory or OWC modules removed from any Mac Pro 2013 model. For complete details, see: eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/support/rebates/memory.cfm
OWC MaxRAM Memory Certification Program Provides Comprehensive Testing and Certification
By maintaining not one, but two labs with multiple Apple Mac models that encompass nearly every Apple Mac model ever made, the OWC MaxRAM Memory Certification Program determines the maximum amount of memory that can be installed in a Mac, backed by OWC’s Lifetime Advance Replacement Limited Warranty and 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
OWC – The Long-term, Trusted Name for Mac Memory
OWC memory upgrades are available from 16MB to 128GB for nearly every current and past Apple notebook and desktop computer manufactured during the past twenty years, including Mac Pro Xeon, MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, Power Mac, Xserve, iBook, and PowerBook computers. The full OWC Memory line as well as a compatibility guide which directs customers to the correct upgrades for each specific Apple model, can be found online at: eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/