Other World Computing today announced an expansion of the In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor HDD DIY Kits, with support for 2009 and neweriMac models, including the latest iMac Retina 5K display. OWC continues to deliver DIY solutions designed with Mac users in mind.
- Eliminates excessive fan noise and maintains correct system fan control when upgrading the storage of a 2009 or newer iMac
- Engineered to work natively with Apple Diagnostics
- Fixes thermal compatibility issues with third party hard drives
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC’s award-winning customer support
- OWC Install Videos guide you every step of the way
Upgrade Your iMac with Peace of Mind
OWC’s in-line solution includes a custom hardware digital thermal sensor allowing a third-party 3.5” SATA hard drive to be properly installed in an iMac, enabling full compatibility with Apple Diagnostics and the iMac System Management Controller. A convenient plug-and-play cable, the innovative In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates excessive fan noise and maintains proper system fan operation while requiring no software hacks.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit, you can easily replace the original iMac hard drive with up to a 6.0TB hard drive (sold separately) for a dramatic upgrade in storage capacity. With easy to follow installation videos guiding you every step of the way, you can perform this upgrade from the comfort of your own home.
“The In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor DIY Kits for iMac embody OWC’s commitment to DIY enthusiasts and upgraders everywhere,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. “Our innovative kit is a complete solution that gives Mac users more options to upgrade their iMac’s internal storage while retaining proper system operation.”
- OWC In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable and Fan Control assembly for iMac
- NewerTech 14-piece Toolkit
- OWC Microfiber Cloth
- 2 NewerTech Suction Cups
- Quick Start Guide
OWC’s In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor HDD DIY Kit is available for immediate ordering at special OWC Holiday Saver pricing!
NOTE: All kits are also available as standalone version without NewerTech 14-piece toolkit.