Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference is held annually in San Francisco, providing hundreds of technical sessions, hands-on lab sessions, and face-to-face discussions with over a thousand Apple engineers to those who attend. The company announced today that WWDC 2015 will kick off on June 8, 2015 and run through June 12, with the tagline for the conference being “The epicenter of change.” Apple’s announcement also says that developers will “learn about the future of iOS and OS X,” which could either indicate that iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 could be on the docket or that the company might merge the two operating systems.
If you’re a registered OS X or iOS developer, visit the WWDC website between now and Friday, April 17 at 10 AM PDT to apply for tickets. Tickets are issued through a random selection process, and fortunately for all you’ll know the status of your application by Monday, April 20 at 5 PM PDT so you can make travel and lodging arrangements. Apple’s also providing up to 350 WWDC Scholarships to students and members of participating STEM organizations a chance for a free ticket.
The list of activities for the event includes:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies.
- Over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps.
- Access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design.
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world – last year more than 60 countries were represented
- A series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities.
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment.
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.