This is the inaugural Macstock event and will feature popular podcasters, product reviewers, journalists and other participants who contribute to the Apple and Mac ecosystem. The one-day event kicks off at 9:00 AM with a welcome address by Mike Potter, host of the For Mac Eyes Only podcast.
The inaugural speaker lineup includes some of today’s most popular Mac-centric podcasters:
- Mike Potter, host of the For Mac Eyes Only podcast
- Eric Erickson, presenter with the For Mac Eyes Only podcast
- Dave Hamilton, co-founder of The Mac Observer and BackBeat Media, producer and co-host of Mac Geek Gab Podcast
- Chuck Joiner, voice of MacVoices, MacVoices TV, MacNotables and The MacJury
- Julie Kuehl, from the SciFi Tech Talk podcast
- Jean MacDonald, from App Camp for Girls
- Tim Robertson, founder of MyMac.com, the Stoplight Network and TechFan, and host of OWC Radio
- Guy Serle, co-host of the MyMac.com Podcast
- Allison Sheridan, creator of the NosillaCast
Sessions will continue throughout the morning and afternoon. The Midwest MacBBQ 2015, an informal get-together of Mac enthusiasts, will be held later in the day after Macstock concludes, in Des Plaines, Ill. (near O’Hare Airport in Chicago). Information about Midwest MacBBQ 2015 is available at www.midwestmacbbq.com.
OWC is a proud supporter of this year’s inaugural event and is the official sponsor of the Macstock One2One Breakout Room. As part of this sponsorship, the One2One Breakout Room will feature an exhibit of OWC’s latest upgrades and storage solutions. As an added bonus for attendees, OWC will provide free flash drives for all participants and a prize to be raffled off during the event.
“Sponsoring the first year of Macstock was a natural fit for OWC,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. “For 28 years we have dedicated ourselves to supporting the Apple user community and I’m especially excited that this gathering of podcasters and journalists is happening so close to OWC headquarters in Woodstock, Ill.”
Location and Ticket Information
Macstock Conference and Expo 2015 will take place at the Luecht Conference Center on the main campus of McHenry County College in Crystal Lake, Ill. Tickets to Macstock are $69.00 and may be purchased at http://macstockconferenceandexpo.com/tickets/.