So, you forgot to get Dad a gift for Father’s Day. Shame on you… But there’s still a way to make up for your forgetfulness — get dear old Dad an Apple Store Gift Card! Even as you’re on your way to school or work on the train or bus, or carpooling with your buds, you can buy a gift card from your iPhone so there’s no need to even be sitting near a “real” computer. It will be delivered via email within 24 hours, and Dad can use it to purchase anything from accessories to a MacBook either online or at a brick-and-mortar Apple Store. Here is a step-by-step on how to do it:
- Launch the Apple Store app. Don’t have it on your iPhone? Download it from the App Store here.
- Tap “Shop” – it’s at the bottom of the screen.
- Type “gift cards” in the search field at the top of the screen.
- The Apple Store Gift Cards by Email will be listed at the top of the list in Silver, Space Gray, or Gold — the same colors as that nice 12-inch MacBook you’re gifting Dad with. Tap one of the cards
- Enter the amount. Remember, your father raised you and taught you many important lessons, the first of which was to be generous to others. In other words, aim toward the top of the $25 to $2000 range for the gift cards.
- Before you add the Gift Card to your shopping cart, you have the chance to define who the giver and recipient are, add their addresses, change the subject line of the email, and add a headline and message to the email.
Once Dad receives the gift card and thanks you, he’ll probably write your name back into his last will and testament, too. Of course, to get back in his good graces you may also need to order him an OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock to do that…