OWC announced today a new significant price reduction for memory upgrades for the Late 2015 Apple 27” iMac with Retina 5K display. OWC now offers a 64GB memory upgrade kit for only $100 more than the 32GB offering direct from Apple.
Availability and Pricing
OWC Memory Kits provide more memory choices, up to double the factory-installed memory, and substantial per gigabyte cost savings in comparison to factory-installed options.
OWC Memory Kits for the Late 2015 27” iMac with Retina 5K display are available now for same day shipping at eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/iMac/Retina-5K2015/DDR3L. The new lower prices from OWC are:
- 8GB Kit (4GB x 2) now $63.75, add to standard factory 8GB for total of 16GB memory
- 16GB Kit (8GB x 2) now $114.00, save $86.00 compared to factory price for 16GB
- 32GB Kit (8GB x 4) now $224.00, save $376.00 compared to factory price for 32GB
- 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) now $359.00, 16GB modules not available from factory, save $241.00 compared to factory price for 8GB module 32GB option
- 48GB Kit (8GB x 2 + 16GB x 2) now $475.00, 48GB option not available from factory, save $125 compared to factory price for 8GB module 32GB option
- 64GB Kit (16GB x 4) now $699.00, 64GB option not available from factory, OWC’s price for 64GB of memory is only $100 more than the factory price of just 32GB!
After upgrading with OWC, customers can save even more with OWC’s Trade-in Rebate. Receive up to $50 for memory removed from any iMac. Visit eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/support/rebates/memory.cfm for details.
“The response to our memory upgrades for the newest 27” iMac has been tremendous, and we are thrilled to kick off the new year by providing even more savings versus factory options,” said Larry O’Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. “There has been especially high demand for our 32GB to 64GB kits, and these are the kits that provide the most savings.”
“Just last month we did extensive testing of the Late 2015 iMac against the Mac Pro, testing various processor and memory configurations,” said O’Connor. “It was stunning to see the Late 2015 iMac with the Intel 4-Core i7 4.0 Ghz processor outperform the Late 2013 Mac Pro in all memory configurations up to 64GB, which is the maximum for this iMac. The 2015 iMac truly is a power house.” Full test results are available at eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/iMac-5K-Versus-Mac-Pro-Speed-Test.
OWC memory modules and kits are fully tested, qualified, and MaxRAM Certified to ensure flawless operation. The OWC MaxRAM Certification Program determines the maximum amount of memory that can be utilized in specific Macs as validated by comprehensive, in-house laboratory tests. All OWC memory has a Lifetime Advance Replacement Warranty and Money Back Guarantee.
OWC at CES
OWC enjoys a strong history at the Consumer Electronics Show, winning several awards in prior years:
- In 2015, the OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock received the Best of CES 2015 Spotlight Award from Videomaker Magazine.
- Also in 2015, the OWC Thunderbay 4 external storage solution was named a CES Innovations Honoree.
- The OWC Envoy Pro EX portable SSD was named as a CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honoree.
- The OWC Envoy Pro mini, an ultra-portable SSD in a thumb drive form factor, was announced at the 2015 CES and the product has gone on to win numerous prizes including the 2015 Storage Visions Visionary Product Award and 2015 Best in Biz Award.
Click here to see all of OWC’s announcements during CES 2016 week.