- To enter, a Twitter user must retweet at least one of the six tweets with #ThinkGreen from @aplusk Twitter handle.
- The retweet must happen no later than 11:58pm PST Thursday, June 9th and to qualify you must be a US resident and at least 18 years of age.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, June 10th through OWC and MacSales social media channels and blog.
- Apple 15-inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display, Mid-21012
- 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
- Refurbishments and/or upgrades performed by OWC Apple Certfified Technicians
- 16GB onboard Memory
- 256GB Flash Storage
- Value: $1,149.00 (Winner may also use this value towards a different OWC refurbished computer)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
1. Eligibility — The #ThinkGreen Twitter Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to A) natural persons (not corporations or other business entities); B) residing in the United States of America; C) with a Twitter account existing before 11:58pm PST on Thursday June 9th; and D) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the beginning of the Promotion Period (as defined below). Employees of Other World Computing and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively the “Sponsor”), advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, directors, and officers, and each of their immediate family members and persons living in their same household (whether legally related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. Promotion Period — The Promotion begins on or about 8am PST, Wednesday June 8th and continues until 11:58pm PST on Thursday June 9th (the “Promotion Period”). The winner will be announced on Friday, June 10th by blog post and through the OWC and MacSales social media channels.
3. How to Enter — NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Promotion, a Twitter user must retweet at least one of the 6 tweets from @OWCDigital via the @aplusk Twitter handle that use the hashtag #ThinkGreen. The retweet must take place during the Promotion Period. This retweet must be publicly viewable on Twitter and must not be deleted before the end of the Promotion Period.
4. Selection of Promotion Winner — A winner will be chosen at random from among the eligible entrants. The winner will be contacted by direct message through Twitter. The winner will be required to respond to the direct message within 72 hours and will be required to prove their Promotion eligibility. Eligible entries must fully comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means.
5. Prizes — One grand prize winner will receive an Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display, Mid-2012 with a 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Processor containing refurbishments and/or upgrades performed by OWC Apple Certified Technicians, 16GB onboard Memory, and 256GB Flash Storage. Total prize value: $1,149.00. At the election of winner and with consent of Sponsor, winner may elect to apply total prize value towards purchase of another computer in Sponsor’s inventory subject to availability and located at www.MacSales.com. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the prize. The prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or exchanged for any other goods. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen. If a prize is mailed, the winner assumes the risk of the prize’s safe arrival.
6. General Rules — Federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By entering or participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Potential winners who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any way, shall be disqualified. Potential winners and winners agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective officers, employees, directors, parent and related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, “Released Parties”) from liability of any kind or nature for any injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, or any other costs or expenses resulting from participation in this Promotion, or acceptance, possession or use, misuse or awarding of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss, or accident to person or property. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sponsor is not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Governing Law — All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants’, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in McHenry County, Illinois in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Promotion.