OWC will display and demonstrate an entire family of ground-breaking new Thunderbolt™ 3 integrated products at The NAMM Show, taking place January 25-28 in Anaheim. OWC will be located in Hall A, Booth #11802.
The newly introduced products represent over 30 years of experience developing innovative technology solutions for creative professionals. This collection of Thunderbolt 3 products provides some of the most extreme examples of Thunderbolt 3 technology ever produced. Products shown at NAMM will include:
- ThunderBlade – Ultra resilient and completely silent, the ThunderBlade is the fastest external drive on the market today. Capable of speeds up to 2800MB/s Read and 2450MB/s Write, it is the perfect solution for digital ingest and other high-tech applications. With its ruggedized hard shell carrying case and capacities from 1TB up to 8TB, this highly-portable drive is ready to take on location. MSRP from $1,199.99 to $4,999.00.
- Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 – The bus-powered Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 mobile drive offers high speeds, ruggedness and the ultra-portability of easily being able to carry it in a backpack or coat pocket. Speeds of up to 2600MB/s Read and 1600MB/s Write make it a must-have solution for professionals on the move. At about half the size of most drives in this class, the Envoy Pro EX Thunderbolt 3 is the perfect solution for high-speed applications on the go. It will be available in capacities of 1TB at MSRP $979.99 and 2TB at MSRP $1,699.99.
- ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 (also available in RAID 5 edition) – This new ThunderBay 4 is the fastest ThunderBay OWC has ever offered, with an interface that is twice as fast as its predecessor and now with the power of Thunderbolt 3. Available in capacities up to 48TB, it’s also backwards compatible with previous Thunderbolt versions.1 Starting at MSRP $749 for 4TB.
- Thunderbolt 3 Dual Display Adapters — Connect two DisplayPort 4K displays @60Hz, or one 5K display @60Hz via the DisplayPort model or two HDMI 4K displays @60Hz via the HDMI The Dual DisplayPort Adapter has an MSRP of $79.99, while the Dual HDMI Adapter has an MSRP of $99.99.
- Thunderbolt 3 Dock (Windows™ and Mac) – With the newest version of the award-winning OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock, OWC is bringing its powerful dock to the Windows world, delivering more connectivity, power and charging capability at the fastest speed available. This sleek dock offers 12 ports including dual Thunderbolt 3, five USB 3.1, Gigabit Ethernet, S/PDIF, combo audio, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot, and supports laptop charging. Available in Q1 2018, MSRP is $279.00.
OWC will also officially announce its 2018 Presenting Sponsorship of the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus during the NAMM Show. Events at NAMM with the Lennon Bus will include giveaways, Funk-Off bass contest semi-finals with Bootsy Collins on Saturday, January 27 in the OWC booth, as well as the 2018 Imagine Party on Saturday evening at the NAMM Yamaha Grand Plaza Stage, featuring singer Andy Grammer.
“We love technology and music and are proud to expand our partnership with the Lennon Bus in 2018,” said OWC Founder & CEO Larry O’Connor. “OWC is excited to increase our involvement with the programs provided by the bus to help bring a greater understanding of technology in music production to students across the country, and help them realize their musical potential.”
OWC celebrates its 30-year anniversary in 2018, a truly unique milestone for a privately held technology company. Founder Larry O’Connor started the company while still in high school, only four years after the launch of the original Macintosh 128K. OWC has since grown to become the world-leading provider of Mac upgrades and breaks bold new ground with this new family of Thunderbolt 3 products.