Other World Computing will showcase a family of new Thunderbolt™ 3-integrated products with an other-worldly theme at the NAB Show taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center April 9-12. The groundbreaking new products represent over 30 years of experience developing innovative technology solutions for creative professionals and provide some of the most extreme examples of Thunderbolt 3 technology ever produced.
Attendees can view product demonstrations at workstations in Booth #C3647. Products include:
- ThunderBlade – The ThunderBlade is the fastest external drive in the world and is revolutionizing 4K and 8K workflows. With transfer speeds up to 2800MB/s Read and 2450MB/s Write, it is the preeminent production solution for professionals. Fanless operation and a dimmable LED ensure workflow will not be interrupted by background noise or light. With its ruggedized hard shell carrying case, the ThunderBlade is at home on the road, on set or in the editing suite, and is tough enough to withstand rough treatment between locations. Available in capacities from 1TB up to 8TB, users can review 4K and 8K dailies at the end of each day with the ThunderBlade.
- Envoy Pro EX (VE) with Thunderbolt 3 – The Envoy Pro EX (VE) with Thunderbolt 3 is the extreme performance mobile drive offering sustained data rates up to 2600MB/s Read and 1600MB/s Write, allowing users to work in real-time with the most I/O heavy transfer tasks such as multi-stream video editing. Fully bus-powered and with no moving parts, it offers MIL-STD810G drop test compliance, a true portable powerhouse for professionals on the move. At about half the size of most drives in this class, it can easily be carried in a backpack or coat pocket. The Envoy Pro EX (VE) with Thunderbolt 3 is available in capacities of 1TB and 2TB. The Envoy Pro EX with Thunderbolt 3 is also available, in 250GB and 1TB versions.
- ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 – This new ThunderBay 4 is the fastest ThunderBay OWC has ever offered, with an interface that is twice as fast as its predecessor and now with the power of Thunderbolt 3. Available in capacities up to 48TB, it’s also backward compatible with previous Thunderbolt versions.1
- Thunderbolt 3 Dock (Windows™ and Mac) – With the newest version of the award-winning OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock, OWC is bringing its powerful dock to the Windows world, delivering more connectivity, power and charging capability at the fastest speed available. This sleek dock offers 12 ports including dual Thunderbolt 3, five USB 3.1, Gigabit Ethernet, S/PDIF, combo audio, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot, and supports laptop charging. Available Q2 2018.
- Mercury Elite Pro Quad – The new Mercury Elite Pro Quad external storage solution offers four drive bays to provide vast amounts of storage from a single USB-C™ connection, with the flexibility to be utilized in Mac, PC and mixed Mac/PC environments. The unit’s USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface and USB-C port work universally with any USB-C or Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped Mac or Windows™ PC. The included USB-C to USB-A adapter cable provides the ability to connect to any USB equipped computer.
- Mercury Helios FX eGPU – Featuring a robust power supply, the Mercury Helios FX is built to handle almost any GPU while simultaneously charging a laptop. The whisper-quiet cooling fan makes the Helios FX an ideal addition to noise-sensitive workstations. With its Thunderbolt 3 interface, users can add the Mercury Helios FX to computers needing a boost. Whether it’s a Mac or Windows PC, the Mercury Helios FX can be connected with the included Thunderbolt 3 cable for an immediate increase in performance.
In addition to the new products, OWC will display a wide selection of the accessories, storage and memory products that have made OWC the upgrade provider of choice for Apple and PC enthusiasts for 30 years. OWC will also host daily giveaways and raffles in-booth, offering attendees opportunities to win a variety of technology-focused prizes and OWC shirts. OWC will kick off NAB week with an exhibit at ShowStoppers on Sunday, April 8. Held at the Venetian Hotel from 1-3 p.m., the event offers attendees the opportunity to see the latest in technology, products and services aimed at changing workstyles and transformative business models