OWC is at CES to show off some of its latest products. However, the current model of the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock continues to make waves. We’ve compiled just a fraction of the reviews praising the Thunderbolt 3 Dock for its power and connectivity.
- AnandTech: “Living up to its flagship aspirations, the ‘one dock to rule them all’ can also deliver 85 W of power, giving it enough power to drive a 15.6-inch laptop.”
- TechRepublic: “OWC’s newest desktop dock is compatible with Mac and Windows systems, though the style and features are a perfect fit for Apple’s refreshed MacBook Air systems.”
- MacRumors: “The dock, which we reviewed back in October, is one of the best Thunderbolt 3 docks available on the market thanks to its price point, wide port availability, and the fact that it supports up to 85W, which is enough juice to power the 15-inch MacBook Pro.”
- 9to5Mac: “For people that rely on SD card media in their workflows, the OWC dock is the first dock to include both an SD Card and microSD card slot. These slots are
fully compatible with the new SD Express cards, perfect for photographers to move images off their cameras at maximum speed.”
- AppleInsider: “OWC on Tuesday announced a new 14-port version of its Thunderbolt 3 Dock designed to be more convenient than its predecessor with two card readers, and a wider array of modern ports for users than previous versions.”
- HubPages: “The Dock features a wealth of inputs and outputs which the Mac laptop lacks or has in short supply. Now you don’t have to pick and choose which peripheral you can use, because there’s a port for pretty much anything you can think of using.”
- TechRadar: “The OWC Thunderbolt 3 docking station has plenty going for it: 85W power delivery, a flurry of ports and a decent price tag. As it stands, this dock should definitely be on your shortlist. 4/5 Stars.”
- Mac Observer: “ … will pass 85 watts of power; MacBook Air is 30 watts, so that is more than enough.. OWC cleverly has mini display port which is handy … worth checking out’’
- TweakTown: “The 14Port model of the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock with the addition of USB-C Gen 2 is a fantastic solution … Must Have – Recommended!”
- iMore: “Our Pick: OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Get every port you might need. If you have a Thunderbolt 3-heavy computer like recent MacBook Pro or Mac mini models, this hub will offer up any port or slot you might be missing, including four USB-A ports, Ethernet, and an SD slot, all through a single Thunderbolt 3 connection.”
- YourTech Report: “ … you can use this dock with a lot of computers, which is really, really cool … when I walk into my office and plug in this one USB type C connector, I’ve got access to everything at my disposal.”
- Resident Geek Reviews: “All in all – this is a fantastic device … I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a dock with a wide list of ports and who also needs 85W to keep their laptop charging while running at full load. I have also looked a bunch of different offerings – and none of them seem to have the right port configuration – until now.”
OWC engineers evaluated thousands of possibilities in discovering the optimal port configuration for nearly any environment. With its 14 ports of connectivity thoughtfully placed and 85 watts of power, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers convenience while keeping desktops clutter-free.
Find out more about the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock at: eshop.macsales.com/shop/docks/owc-thunderbolt-3-dock