You can have apps, documents, folders, or server connections open automatically whenever you log into macOS.
To add or remove automatic items…
- Look at the top left of your Mac screen and choose “Apple menu > System Preferences.”
- Click “Users & Groups.”
- Select your user account and click “Login Items” at the top of the window.
Then do one of the following:
- Add a login item: Click the Add button (a plus sign) below the list of items, select a document, folder, app, server, or another item, then click Add.
- Remove a login item: Select the name of the item you want to prevent from opening automatically, then click the Remove button (a minus sign) below the list.
- Hide a login item: If you don’t want an item’s windows to be visible after login, select the Hide checkbox next to the item.
Note: Hide does not apply to servers, which always appear in the Finder after login.