Other World Computing today announced new OWC Mercury Rack Pro “Quad Interface” 4-Bay 1U solutions with FireWire® 800, FireWire 400, USB 3 ‘SuperSpeed’, and eSATA interface ports; selectable Hardware RAID 0/1/3/5/10/Span and non-RAID Independent Drive modes, and storage/backup capacity up to 12.0TB.
15 Mac and PC Compatible Solutions Up To 12.0TB
The Mercury Rack Pro is immediately available in 15 pre-configured solutions, from 2.0TB to 12.0TB, priced starting at $549.99 MSRP. The Mercury Rack Pro is compatible with Apple® OS X 10.2 and higher and Windows Windows XP and later operating systems and comes complete with all interface connecting cables, a $100 retail value disk utility software bundle, and up to a 5 year solution warranty.
Multiple Interface And RAID Levels Choices
The OWC Mercury Rack Pro offers a variety of interface and RAID level choices to suit particular preferences and application needs. A ‘Quad Interface’ of FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 3 (USB 2.0 backwards compatible), and eSATA interfaces ensures Plug and Play connectivity with Macs and PCs. All solutions undergo a multi-hour burn-in and are shipped pre-configured as a hardware controlled RAID 5 ‘stripe with parity’ array for the best combination of speed and data protection.
Can Be Used Like A Four Bay Drive Dock
For massive capacity with the highest degree of drive access flexibility, the Mercury Rack Pro can be used like a four bay drive dock. When used in the Independent mode, all four drives in the Mercury Rack Pro show up as individual volumes. Users can then mix and match drives of any size and brand and hot swap the drives.
Easy Drive Management & Convertible For Desktop Use
Featuring a trayless drive bay design, the Mercury Rack Pro makes drive management, access, and replacement ‘slide and swap’ easy. Removable rack mounting ears and included anti-skid feet also allow the Mercury Rack Pro to be quickly and easily converted for desktop use.
Smart Power For Lower Operating Costs
By automatically powering down installed drives and entering standby model after prolonged periods of inactivity, the Mercury Rack Pro offers operating cost savings from reduced energy consumption. After entering standby mode, once called upon again, the Mercury Rack Pro is back up and running in seconds.
Enterprise Equipped For 24/7 Use
Enterprise models of the Mercury Rack Pro use Enterprise class SATA hard drives manufactured to tighter specifications intended for the more demanding requirements of 24/7 server environments. All OWC Mercury Rack Pro standard solutions are covered by a two year warranty, while the Enterprise Editions are covered by a five year warranty. In addition to the longer warranty, the Enterprise Editions also include a one year cross-ship warranty and three years of Level One Data Recovery, if needed.
Mercury Rack Pro key features:
• Supports up to four 3.0TB, 3.5″ SATA hard disk drives for up to 12.0TB total storage capacity
• Up to 256MB total data buffer
• Trayless drive bays for easy drive management
• ‘Quad Interface’ connectivity with: FireWire 800 x 2, FireWire 400, USB 3, and eSATA ports
• Pre-configured RAID 5, user selectable SPAN, 0, 1, 3, 5, 10 RAID and non-RAID Independent modes
• Whisper Quiet cooling fan operation
• User controllable Smart Power feature for energy savings
• Drive status and activity LED indicators
• Connection cables for all four interfaces included
• Internal, US/International 100/240V Auto Switching power supply
• Warranty: 2 year Standard Solution, 5 year Enterprise Solution
• Mac and PC compatible
• Includes an over $100 retail value utility software bundle consisting of Prosoft Engineering® Data Backup 3, NovaStor NovaBACKUP®, Intech® SpeedTools Utilities™, and Carbon Copy Cloner.
“This new rack mount design has been fully A/V tested and certified to meet the rigorous demands professional production studios and corporate data centers require in a rack mount storage solution,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. “Complimenting its high capacity and data throughput are a host of user conveniences that make the Mercury Rack Pro ‘Quad Interface’ ideal for anyone seeking serious, yet easily manageable and highly reliable storage.”
Checkout Savings Plus Up To 60% Off Leading Software Titles
Complimenting the $100 retail value utility software bundle included with every Mercury Rack Pro are three additional money-saving OWC offers:
• Complete an order on www.macsales.com using Checkout with Amazon to enjoy up to $50 instant savings.
• Maintain, repair, optimize, and manage drives like a pro with the full retail version of Drive Genius 3 for $39…a savings of 60% off retail.
• Run Windows applications on a Mac with Parallels Desktop Version 6 for $39…a savings of 50% off retail.